Located just a couple of steps from a ski slope, Salamandra Hotel features a Wellness area with a swimming pool and an on-site restaurant and bar. Various sports facilities are also available, as well as free Wi-Fi.All accommodations units feature modern furnishings, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower.The restaurants serves a variety of Slovak and international dishes, as well as a rich breakfast buffet. Wellness facilities include a sauna, Turkish bath, hot tub and massages, while sports facilities include squash, cycling and skiing.Salamandra Ski Slope can be reached in just 328 feet, while the town of Hondrusa Hamre is 2.5 mi away. Banska Stiavnica can be reached in 7.5 mi.
- We enjoyed our stay at Salamandra hotel a lot, especially due to location its surrounded by beautiful nature with plenty of possibilities how to spend the time using the lift and make a walk with beautiful views, swimming in lake full of fishes, renting the bikes. Also the indoor activities are great especially for families with children the inside pool and children area. The hotel restaurant serves really great food. The apartment was as on the pictures spacious and nicely decorated.
- Great staffs, always with big smile to offer any helps. Good place to stay away from city life.
- Clean, location, staff… overall a good place to stay at.
- Location next to a lake with clean water for swimming. Great nature / mountains. Ability to borrow ebike, activities for kids. Staff were friendly and helpful.
- Super nice staff, excellent location in the heart of nature for a weekend gateway. Very tasty food and comfortable rooms.
One of our best sellers in Banská Štiavnica! Set in Banská Štiavnica, 350 feet from New Chateau Banska Stiavnica and 350 feet from Old Chateau Banska Stiavnica, Strieborný dvor offers garden views and free WiFi.Some of the units feature a satellite flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, and a private bathroom with a shower and a hair dryer.A sun terrace is available for guests to use at the apartment.The Church of St. Catherine is 1,950 feet from Strieborný dvor, while Chateau Svaty Anton is 3.7 mi from the property.
- Very nice renovated historical building with old town character. Comfy room, clean and cute decorated with everything what you can need for your stay. Location is amazing. Just in the heart of the center but in the very quiet street. The host is very friendly helpfull lady. If we go to Banska Stiavnica we will book the room againg in Strieborny dvor.
- Bit small the entire place But great location and friendly stuff
- Charming vintage stylish place in an old building with character and modern fittings insidevery comfortable and cozy. Location in alley off Main Street of quaint little village was nice and quiet. Luckily parking spot was open nearby and owner allowed use of parking tag. Hostess was very kind although she does not speak English.
- Beautifully decorated rooms and in a perfect central location.
- The apartment was beautiful, full of pleasant details. We could park just across the building.
One of our best sellers in Banská Štiavnica! Boutique apartments offers accommodations with free WiFi in the historical heart of Banská Štiavnica. Public paid parking can be found at location nearby.Towels and bed linen are featured.A cup of coffee can be enjoyed in a cafe located on site.Many historical sights, including the Old Chateau and the New Chateau, are reachable within 1,000 feet.
- The location is great, very central to all the walks, trails or facilities. The appartment is in an old buliding very smartly and tastefuly refurbished and furnished so that one feels as at home. Very comfortable bed. Practical and clean bathroom. Staying here was a real pleasure
- everything else was good, no problems, great location and price
- Beautiful place with very good location. Check in is at the cafe below apartment. Cafe is also beautiful and nice, staff at the cafe polite and helpful. For parking you will receive a card to park on the street. I would recommend this place anytime. We will be back next year
- Location was the best. We had everything what we needed for our pleasant trip. Very clean apartment.
- Location in the middle of the town center Creatively designed furnished interior Cool fresco obove the bed Kind of privacy Appartment with provisory kitchen Stylish old house
Hotel & Penzión Grand Matej
One of our top picks in Banská Štiavnica. Hotel Grand Matej is set in the historic center of Banská Štiavnica, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the elegant hotel with a pleasant ambiance features a restaurant with a large summer terrace and a bar.International specialties and traditional Slovak cuisine and the best Slovak wines can be tasted. Buffet breakfast is served daily.For an additional cost, guests can also relax in the on-site sauna and hot tub overlooking the city.Hotel Grand Matej houses spacious and comfortably furnished rooms, all equipped with satellite TV, mini-bar and safe. Free in-room cable internet is provided, while free WiFi is offered in the public areas.Picturesque alleys of the historic city, as well as restaurants and cafés, can all be explored within a walking distance.
- The breakfast was great, lot of options, vegetables and fruits. The beds were comfortable, the room was quite large as we expected.
- This hotel is really very nice. The room and bed were comfortable. Nice hot shower. Breakfast served in the dining was very nice.
- We had a lovely view of the New Castle from our hotel room. For the two of us, the room was more than enough and the location of the hotel is a huge plus, as it is located in the historical centre with all the sights in a walking distance.
- Staff at the reception and at the breakfast, great location in the city centre
- Location hotel is directly in the center of the town, everything is accessible by foot. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Nice view from the window. Reception staff nice and helpful. Paid hotel parking 8Eur? is a plus, as there is nearly impossible to park in the city.
Penzion na Kopci
One of our top picks in Banská Štiavnica. Enjoying a hilltop position, Penzion na Kopci offers an on-site restaurant with unique views on the town of Banská Štiavnica. It features rooms decorated with wood-paneled ceilings. Free Wi-Fi is provided.All rooms come with private entrance. They feature a seating area, satellite TV. an electric kettle and a private bathroom. Free private parking is possible on site.The Penzion na Kopci’s restaurant has a large terrace and serves international cuisine. A children’s corner and a playground are also available.Football field is just 150 feet away. A swimming pool can be found 1,000 feet from the Penzion na Kopci. A local bus stop is 500 away.The historic center of Banská Štiavnica can be reached within 2,650 feet. A train station is 0.9 mi away. Salamandra Ski Center is at a distance of 8.1 mi.
- Beautiful view, set on side of caldera. Glassed in restaurant was wonderful. Friendly staff, good food, good breakfast, good price.
- It was a lovely room with stunning views all around the property. The restaurant serves delicious food. The staff were kind and warm. We would definitely stay here again.
- Great location with pano view.Food was delicious and apartman really comfy.
- Great location with panoramic view on the valley, comfortable free parking, good wifi, breakfast and the food in general is very good as well as the service. Vine selection is a nice addition to the food at any time. Recommended!
- The breakfast was tasty, the view from the room/terrace is just amazing.
One of our best sellers in Banská Štiavnica! The Hotel Salamander is housed in a listed building in the heart of the ancient UNESCO-protected mining town of Banská Štiavnica. It features a reception connected with a small cafe. Free WiFi is available.Every room is individually furnished and some are located in the attic. The rooms come with a TV and a private bathroom with a shower or a bath tub.Buffet breakfast can be enjoyed on site. Guests can also enjoy a cup of coffee at the property.Many historical sight can be found within a short walk.
- Excellent breakfast and immediate parking in the otherwise hardtopark historical centre.
- Old cool styleHelpful staff despite no EnglishExcellent location
- The breakfast is tasty and you can choose what you want. Very friendly staff. Good location of the hotel. The central street is quite noisy, but our room window overlooked the quiet place. Parking place was small, but for our car it was a little place.
- The staff was friendly and they were happy receiving our cat. The location of the hotel is superb and it was very clean.
- The place and stuff was just amazing. The whole building has its soul and it just fits your expectations you have when traveling to Banska Stiavnica cozy, old looking, warm at least these were my expectations during winter period .
Divná pani Luxury Gallery Rooms
Located in Banská Štiavnica and with New Chateau Banska Stiavnica reachable within a few steps, Divná pani Luxury Gallery Rooms has express check-in and check-out, non-smoking rooms, a garden, free WiFi and a bar. The property is around a few steps from Old Chateau Banska Stiavnica, a 7-minute walk from The Church of St. Catherine and 3.7 miles from Chateau Svaty Anton. The property provides room service and a kids’ club for guests.The rooms in the hotel are equipped with an electric tea pot. With a private bathroom, certain accommodations at Divná pani Luxury Gallery Rooms also feature a garden view.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a à la carte breakfast.Divná pani Luxury Gallery Rooms has a terrace. Cycling is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the hotel.
- Absolutely a lovely place to stay in Bansk tiavnica. The hotel is located in the middle of the cite which is excellent.The room was very clean, organized and good looking, it had a nice vibe to it. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The bed was also big and very comfortable. If you are visiting in summer be prepared that there is not AC in the room as the building is in UNESCO world heritage which was not a problem for us, however there are options to stay in a garden view room away from sun. Also if you ask, the staff will kindly provide a fan. At the end, we rather preffered the warmer room which had a beutiful view to the city centre right from the window.We definitely recommend to stay in this hotel.
- The art! Each room is individually styled and decorated/curated as its own gallery. The individual and unique touches mean no TV is required as there is always something to look at and admire. The staff treated us like we were the only guests in the property and were attentive to all our needs. The breakfast was excellent with enough choices for our two night stay and the cafe and outside private garden and summer house were a bonus! Try the cakes and the coffee and especially the American ice creams and milkshakes! The room we were in was by the garden which meant it was cooler and also more peaceful than on the main road. Also the entrance is through a bookcase. Super cool. The place is immaculate and really well thought out and the bed is literally out of this world. I am home now and thinking that I would rather be there than in my own bed and thats really saying something! Overall, a stunning place and an excellent stay. We will be back soon!
- Excellent location in the heart of Slovakias mountains with a very eclectic and relaxing historic town. The property is as unique as it gets and the rooms are simply magnificent and functional. Please give it a try.
- Great Location in the middle of historical center. Upon request they provide you with a parking card. The room was spacious, clean and designed with style. Complimentary chocolates and water was a nice touch. Staff at reception desk was nice, polite and eager to help.
- Unique and seriously funky roomsClean and comfortableA room without a TV screen. Good WiFi
Located in the heart of UNESCO-protected town of Banská Štiavnica and its Art Nouveau façade stands out among other buildings. If features accommodations with a restaurant, a terrace, free WiFi, a conference room for 50 people and a cellar.All rooms at Hotel Bristol feature town views and a private bathroom.Old Chateau Banska Stiavnica is 1,000 feet from Hotel Bristol, while New Chateau Banska Stiavnica is 350 feet from the property.
- Services are on good standard level. Location is perfect, you have short distance to every interesting thing.
- Everything was lovely, only shower wasnt good. My partner managed to burn his shoulder, thats how hot it was.
- Room was wellfurnished. Nice shower. Plenty of soap. Breakfast was good.
- Excellent location, very tasty breakfast. The hotel has a friendly staff. The bathroom was also large with plenty of space.
- Great location in heart of Stiavnica, Nice interior, historical building
One of our best sellers in Banská Štiavnica! Located in the UNESCO-protected town of Banská Štiavnica and the Church of St. Catherine reachable within a 10-minute walk, Vila Magnolia offers a self-catered accommodations with a garden with barbecue facilities, a terrace and free WiFi available in all areas.Each room at Vila Magnolia comes with a garden view, a TV and a private bathroom with a shower or a bath tub.Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge and a tour desk. The property offers free parking.The guest house is 1 mi from Old Chateau Banska Stiavnica and 2,800 feet from New Chateau Banska Stiavnica.
- The room was very clean and the shower was great. So was the bed, extremely comfortable. Overall, it was a nice stay.
- Beautiful surroundingsVery good breakfast with personally made omeletsClean and comfortable rooms
- Staff was good.and you have variety of food in breakfast thats a plus point.location is good close to the high street.
- Great localisation. Great breakfast. Perfect room for stay
- Great location, beautiful garden with relaxing terrace. Very nice wellness.
One of our top picks in Banská Štiavnica. Located right next to the entrance to the ancient Glanzenberg Mine, the Penzión Kachelman occupies a 17th-century building in the center of Banská Štiavnica. It features a restaurant and a spa area.The rooms have solid wooden beds and furniture in historic style and come with a private bathroom and cable TV. Free Wi-fi is available in the public areas of the guest house.Characteristic Slovak specialties, barbecued food, pizzas and other dishes of the international cuisine can be enjoyed in the restaurant. There is an open fireplace inside and a terrace next to a pond.After a day of exploring the UNESCO-protected city, you can relax in the spa area including a hot tub and a sauna. Massages are available on request.One car per room can be parked for free on site. Trojičné Square can be reached on foot in just 5 minutes and the Salamander Ski Area is 1.9 mi away from the Kachelman guest house.
- Nice and friendly staff, they helped with some special requests. Wifi worked fine, the place was nice and busy, excellent location for people whod love to explore the city.
- Excellent location for exploring the town on foot. Good value for money. Nice buffet breakfast.
- Great location, friendly staff… Good value for the money.
- Everything was just perfect location in the center, food options in restaurant, rooms cozy, nothing more is needed.
- As regular guests to Pension Kachelman, we particularly like the buildings historic atmosphere, the convenient location, the free parking, and the simple but reliable service they offer for a very reasonable price.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Banská Štiavnica