Casa De Alfena
Located in the village of Travassos, Casa De Alfena includes a Gold Museum and an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by a lush garden. Free WiFi is available in all areas.This B&B offers double and twin rooms equipped with central heating, a wardrobe, a desk, and a private bathroom. Guests will have at their disposal a lounge with sofas and a fireplace plus a games room with billiards.The nearest restaurant is 1.2 mi away in the village of Taíde. Additional restaurant serving traditional Portuguese cuisine can be found in Póvoa do Lanhoso 5 mi away.Surrounding the property guest can explore the wide variety of untouched flora and fauna. Penêda Gerês National Park is 19 mi away and Braga is 30-minute drive away. The historical city of Guimarães is 15 mi away and Fafe is a 25-minute drive. Porto International Airport is 47 mi away.
- Great breakfast, staff very nice and a lovely house with a lot of spaces for chilling
- Casa de charme, os anfitries de uma simpatia excepcional, paisagem lindssima… excelente para uns dias de descanso e sossego!
- Para alm da limpeza que era excelente, a simpatia da D. Odete e D. Lurdes tornou a estadia ainda mais agradvel. Bom pequeno almoo com compotas e bolinho caseiro.Um local que recomendo e voltarei a repetir.
- Heel vriendelijke ontvangst en het verdere verblijf was ook top!
- Muito atenciosos e simpticos. Bom pequeno almoo.Espao muito agradvel, e de bom gosto.
Featuring an outdoor pool overlooking both sides of the Caniçada lagoon, Verde Pinho is in the Peneda Gerês National Park. All rooms have balconies with views of the surrounding mountains and lagoon.Individually decorated, each air-conditioned room includes a flat-screen TV, fridge and modern, private bathroom.There is a bar, a snack bar and lounge with exposed stone walls and a fireplace. A supermarket and a few bars and restaurants are found within a 10-minute drive.The lagoon offers watersports and has several beaches, and the mountains are good for hiking. There is a spa center in Vila do Gerês, 4.3 mi away.Braga is around 45 minutes by car and the E1 motorway is 5 minutes further. Guimarães is around 1 hour’s drive away and Residencial Verde Pinho has a free car park.
- The room was better than expected, with a very decent bathroom and also always very clean.Nicely located with a good view of the lake
- Staff, location, breakfast not included but cheap, cleanliness.
- The view, the owner was very friendly, very helpful if you need them. Room was big. I defently would go back.
- The view is great.The pool and area around is very good.Location is very central.
- Its clean, our room seems brand new. The pool is nice.
Quinta de Areias
Located in Crespos, 22 mi from Geres, Quinta de Areias provides a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and free WiFi.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy a continental breakfast.A garden, barbecue and a children’s playground are provided at Quinta de Areias.Braga is 6.8 mi from the accommodations, while Guimarães is 21 mi away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 39 mi from Quinta de Areias.
- The room was clean and prepared. The bathroom was prepared special for me. Other guests had another bathroom. It was very clean too. There is a big green garden with mandarin trees. This place is family friendly. There is a small zoo with exotic birds and kind cat. I can high recommend this place for rent.
- Parking inside the property, cosy room, nice outdoors space to relax, really nice hosts.
- Great location if you are driving through the countryside. Good sightseeing area. Welcoming hosts.
- Great hosts, very quiet, perfect distance from Braga and the Peneda National park. Highly recommend
- Amabilidade da dona, quintal da casa com muitos animais e muito agradvel. Sistema de churrasco, bom e com iluminao noturna. Piscina, bom pequeno almoo caseiro. Boa localizao relativamente prxima do Gers e outros locais interessantes como bares.
Vale de S. Torcato Houses and Wine Bar
One of our top picks in Guimarães. Vale de S. Torcato Houses and Wine Bar is located in Guimarães, 2.7 mi from the iconic Guimarães Castle. Offering a children’s and an adults’ outdoor swimming pool, the property is an 11-minute drive from the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança.The suites and rooms all have air conditioning, free WiFi, 2 satellite Smart TVs and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. The rooms have a wardrobe, king size bed and quality linens. Some units include an equipped kitchenette, which includes a dishwasher. The living room has a seating area with a sofa bed. Some suites have an outdoor screened porch with loungers.A continental breakfast is served every morning at the property. Various restaurants are available within a short drive, with the property possessing partnerships with a few of them.Taking advantage of the Vale de S Torcato’s countryside location, guests will be able to enjoy activities in and around the area, like cycling and hiking. The property includes a sun terrace.The property is 4.5 mi from the historic center of Guimarães, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Braga is a 30-minute drive way from the B&B. The nearest airport is Porto Airport, 38 mi from Vale de S. Torcato Houses and Wine Bar.
- The place is full of interesting sculptures and artwork. Very modern with aircon and a lovely breakfast.
- beautiful garden, tasteful decoration, comfortable beds and huge bathroom. breakfast was good and the staff were nice. great value for money in the spring when the place was not yet full of families on vacation.
- All the staff were wonderful, Jose, Jose, Rafaela e the owner, Mr Arlindo
- Always good to return and the confirm that the quality is still the same and the gardens and outside space is even more beautiful. Visit Barragem da Queimadela Very beautiful place and in 1h travel you can visit Ponte de Lima, Ponte da Barca and Arcos de Valdevez!
- Excellent swimming pool, it is not enormous but quite adequate. And its salt water!Service is quite friendly and the breakfast is not very big but it meets quite well expectations
Refugio do Geres
Located in Alamela in the Norte Region region, Refugio do Geres features accommodations with free private parking.For added convenience, the property can provide towels and bed linen for an extra charge.Braga is 26 mi from the bed and breakfast, while Guimarães is 30 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 58 mi from Refugio do Geres.
- Great view, Good value for money, very nice after staying in hostel dorms
- Quartos grande, muito limpos. Tivemos a disposio cobertores e almofadas extras caso houvesse necessidade. Relacao preo qualidade exelente
- Gostei de tudo super simptica a senhora da penso sempre pronta a ajudar no que os hspedes precisem adorei
- Um trato fenomenal, limpo, bonita vista, estacionamento. cheira bem
- La comida, aunque tenan poca variedad de platos. La amabilidad y flexibilidad del dueo
Nations Gerês – Bed & Breakfast
Located in Geres in the Norte Region region and Geres Thermal Spa reachable within 984 feet, Nations Gerês – Bed & Breakfast features accommodations with free WiFi, BBQ facilities, a shared lounge and free private parking.The bed and breakfast offers a continental or buffet breakfast.A sun terrace is available for guests to use at Nations Gerês – Bed & Breakfast.Parque Nacional da Peneda Geres is 1.1 mi from the accommodations, while Sao Bento da Porta Aberta Sanctuary is 3.1 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 43 mi from Nations Gerês – Bed & Breakfast, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Amazing view Great breakfast Lovely staff Great value for money
- The location is beautiful and near many hiking trails although you do need a car. The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast. Wifi excellent in common spaces
- Lovely staff with great recommendations. The hosts try everything to make your stay a great one.
- Nice view from terrace. Free parking place in front of the hotel. Close to supermarkt and restaurants. Nice breakfast buffet. Defenitely recommend
- This place is exactly what you need in Geres! Claudia was super cheerful and positive, gave all tips where to go and what to do during checkin. We took a room with a terrace and the view was stunning! Breakfast was full of fresh fruits plus all usual set like eggs, pancakes, croissants, ham, cheese, jams and so on. There is also a shared kitchen where you can cool your wine or prepare some dinner. In the shared living room I spotted fireplace, and couple running this hotel said that in winter it will be with for sure. I can imagine how cosy there will be!
Located in Geres, Pedra Bela offers accommodations with a patio or a balcony, free WiFi and flat-screen TV, as well as a restaurant.There’s a fully equipped private bathroom with shower and free toiletries.A continental breakfast is available daily at the bed and breakfast.Geres Thermal Spa is a 4-minute walk from Pedra Bela, while Parque Nacional da Peneda Geres is 4.1 miles away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 59 miles from the accommodation.
- Atendimento excelente. Os funcionrios so muito simpticos e prestveis.
- Caf da manh bem servio e o atendimento bom, funcionrios educados.
- Localizao muito boa, as condies do quarto eram boas e com funcionrios bastante atenciosos e simpticos.
- Gostei muito da zona onde se situava o alojamento, estava perto de tudo, gostei da decorao, o pequeno almoo apesar de no ser buffet foi muito bom, pouca variedade mas muito bom
- Quarto, limpeza, pequeno almoo, refeies e atendimento
Villa Branca Barreiros
Featuring an outdoor pool and a fitness room, Villa Branca Barreiros provides accommodations located in Barreiros, 22 mi from Geres. The bed and breakfast features both WiFi and private parking free of charge.Villa Branca Barreiros offers a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, free toiletries and shower. A fridge is also provided, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.A continental breakfast is available daily at the accommodations.Villa Branca Barreiros offers a terrace.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy hiking and cycling nearby, or make the most of the garden.Braga is 6.8 mi from Villa Branca Barreiros, while Guimarães is 21 mi away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 39 mi from the accommodations, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Elly is a very communicative and kind lady. She shared some of the challenges embraced in Portugal and their life with Gerard in Holland. Nice house with very good outdoor space. Very good bedrooms, Fantastic breakfast, everything perfect!
- They were very welcoming and their breakfast was great! One of the reasons we picked this place was because of the Pool and we were not dissapointed, the pool was great too. They were really talkative and helped us with some tips for our trip to Gers.
- The hosts worked very hard, and with a lot of love. An exceptional effort!
- We really enjoyed our stay. Theres a cute garden with multiple fruit trees where we enjoyed a glass of wine or two. The house is clean, new and nicely decorated. The hosts were incredibly friendly and forthcoming. They could always give us good advice on possible field trips, such as visiting the beautiful Bom Jesus, the cities of Braga, Guimares and ponte de Lima for example, which are all in close proximity by car. The breakfast was great and held a familiar feeling as we all ate together at one table. One evening, we were even surprised with Ellys tasty onion soup .
- Beautiful, comfortable and very clean bedroom and bathroom.
Located in the village of Terras de Bouro, Rio Homem offers simply decorated rooms with a private bathroom. It features a restaurant and a snack bar.Rio Homem has traditionally decorated rooms with wooden furniture and parquet floors. Each of the air-conditioned rooms has a telephone and a TV.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet served in the property’s restaurant. They can also relax with a refreshing drink at the bar.Peneda-Geres National Park is 16 mi, while the Castelo de Lindoso is 23 mi. Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 38 mi away.
- Very good pricing. The facilities are OK,. The restaurant its good with a surprisingly good choice of wines and good regional cuisine. The staff is nice and present.
- Perto de tudo o necessrio, com um excelente pequeno almoo e um restaurante com boa comida e preo acessvel.Funcionrios muito simpticos!
- servio 5 estrelas tudo muinto limpo , pekeno almoo top,comida no restaurante por baixo muinto boa!Donos gente muinto boa y de maneiras,gostei de tudo,obrigada y ate a prxima
- O alojamento bem localizado e limpo. Os colaboradores muito atenciosos, 5 estrelas. A comida maravilhosa do restaurante bem servida e timo preo. A limpeza e normas de segurana contra covid muito bom. Ficamos muito satisfeitos recomendo ambiente muito familiar concerteza iremos voltar.
- Quarto agradvel e limpo com cama confortvel, ar condicionado e casadebanho privativa.Bom pequenoalmoo includo no preo.Funcionrios simpticos.
Quinta Pedras De Baixo
Combining local and modern architecture, Quinta Pedras de Baixo is located in Longos, 7.5 mi from Guimarães city center. This pet-friendly property offers free WiFi access and air conditioning.Accommodations at Quinta Pedras de Baixo is composed of double rooms and a 3-bedroom villa in different buildings. Guests of the double room enjoy a private bathroom and a flat-screen cable TV, in addition to a shared living room and kitchen.The 3-bedroom villa features a fully equipped kitchen, a seating area with a tiled stove, sofas and a cable TV. Barbecue facilities are available.The spa village of Caldas das Taipas is 3.1 mi from the Quinta. Braga city is 5 mi away and offers plenty of dining, shopping and sightseeing opportunities.Porto International Airport is 37 mi away from Quinta Pedras de Baixo through the A3 motorway, located a 15-minute drive away.
- Fernando is an amazing host… very interesting and helpful… He showed us his art and cavaquinho… and let us enjoy some of the music they made. I love looking and listening to this kind of thing so really enjoyed that he was so open to us. He also is the architect for this BB, we had our choice of rooms either modern or rustic. The location can accommodate children and friends, though the room we stayed in was for two people.
- The location, ambiance, host…I could go on and on…
- Clean and light rooms, great breakfast and the most wonderful host, Fernando. So friendly and helpful. We got stuck in town after a football game and couldnt get a taxi back. By 200am we were getting desperate and called Fernando. He came in to get us, and saved us from what was beginning to look like a 14 km walk. A wonderful man!
- Owner knows the entire area and lent us maps. Good place for artists amdnature lovers.
- Everything! Fernando was a great host, very friendly and supportive. He gave us lots of information about the area and also the beaches around the cost.Breakfast was great with selfmade jam. The Quinta is awesome with a great view and some friendly pets. With a car you can reach some very nice churches, hiking trails, and of course Braga and Guimaraes in just a few minutes. The room was very clean and cosy, we liked the style of it. Thank you so much for the best accomodation in Portugal, Fernando!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Cima de Vila