Hamlet Downs Country Accommodation
Hamlet Downs Country Accommodations is located in the beautiful Derwent Valley, just 1 hours’ drive from Hobart. All suites feature free Wi-Fi, a private entrance, a lounge and dining area and a mini-bar. Some suites offer a kitchen.Set on 36 acres, Hamlet Downs Tasmania offers serviced or self-contained apartments with heating, tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and a toaster.The hotel offers light continental and cooked breakfast. The extensive evening menu features light meals and full 3-course banquet dinners. Consisting of Australian and international cuisine, meals are prepared using fresh vegetables and fruit from the on-site garden.The property features lovely gardens and a walking track along the creek and ponds where guests may relax or spot local wildlife.Only 10 minutes’ drive from Mt Field National Park and Russell Falls, Hamlet Downs Country Accommodations is a 30-minute drive to New Norfolk, Maydena and Hamilton. Local attractions include salmon ponds, a whiskey distillery and the Maydena rail rider.
- The host was truly the warmest, most accommodating person. She showed me around the gardens and gave me some advice on my trip. The room was very spacious and cozy perfect for a cold night and was well appointed for my stay. Great location near Mt. Field NP and the Derwent Valley.
- Jenifa and her husband Graham were just amazing and their place is fabulous. It is an old farm, with a wonderful garden. We stayed in the Queen suite, which was very nice and very clean. We had dinner in the garden and it was lovely! We could even see the platypus in the pod. Then the farm is very well located, 10 minutes driving from Mount Field National Park, and the Russel Falls. The BB is ideal for family and it is good to spend at least 2 nights. We met there another family with two kids, and our daughter played with them and with Jenifa they all went and feed the animals after breakfast. The kids were so happy!
- Lovely cottage in a nice location very close to Mt Field. Highlight was Jenifa her hospitality and meals were delicious! Nice to have some local wines and ciders available for purchase.
- CLEANLINESS OUTSTANDING FRIENDLY GREETING AND BOTH BREAKFAST AND DINNER OUTSTANDING.ACCOMMODATION VERY ROOMY AND BED VERY COMFORTABLE
- Absolutely wonderful host jenefa.she couldnt do enough for you.wonderful meals and extremely clean accommodation i strongly recommend this property if travelling in this area wonderful roast lamb and yummy omelet for breakfast.when we return we wont hesitate to stay here thanks so much jenefa xx
Duffy’s Country Accommodation
Set in a quiet, rural location in the heart of the Derwent Valley, Duffy’s Country Accommodations offers self-contained cottages with garden views. Some cottages feature a fireplace, a BBQ or a patio.Duffy’s Country Cottages is a 10-minute drive from Russell Falls and Mt Field National Park. It is a 25-minute drive from New Norfolk, known for its antique shops. Hobart is a 1-hour drive away.All cottages feature a fully equipped kitchen and a lounge and dining area. They have an private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer. Some offer a flat-screen TV, a DVD player and laundry facilities.Guests can relax outdoors on the terrace and enjoy the lovely surrounding gardens. There are also BBQ facilities and a range of nearby activities including fly fishing and wildlife viewing.
- Very clean and comfortable bungalow en route to Cradle Mountain from Bruny Island!
- Owner met us on arrival. Farm/country setting beautiful.
- This was such a wonderful place to stay after 2 nights camping in the Tasman National Park! We were met by the owner, who showed us straight to our cabin. The fittings and decor were absolutely beautiful. There was complimentary port, jam and milk. We had access to a laundry and the farm to walk about, as well as a private BBQ area. The bathroom was wonderful and clean. Bed was lovely and comfortable with nice pillows. Would definitely stay here again!
- The accomodation was quiet and out of the wat, yet close to the area of our interests.Staff were great and the little extra like provided milk and eggs was a nice touch.Rooms clean and tidy and the yard was pictureques
- Lovely house own, she help much. Location is near for Russel fall that drive 7 mins.
Platypus Playground Riverside Cottage
Featuring a unique bubbling river, Platypus Playground Riverside Cottage is a self contained cottage in Westerway, in the central highlands of Tasmania. The refurbished cottage is a 5-minute drive from Mount Field National Park and the beautiful Russell Falls. Free private parking is available.The cottage has an open fire, rustic country decor and antique furniture. The kitchen includes a microwave, griller, table-top oven, toaster and a fridge. Enjoy the breakfast bar overlooking the trout and platypus river a few feet away. Towels and bed linen are provided.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including cycling and fishing. It is a 25-minute drive from New Norfolk Golf Course and a 55-minute drive from Hobart.
- Great location, the river indeed has a platypus. Fireplace and beds are quite good and the kitchen is well stocked. Good heating and isolation. Overall great place to stay. Seeing platypus requires great patience, better to stay on river bank after dark directly in front of the Kitchen and look at the place where the water flow is slower, just near the river bank. This is where the platypus will swim up the stream and will usually surface for few seconds as the water level there is shallow, allowing you to take some quick photos from only 1.5 meters distance.
- Great location, short drive to Mount Field, beautiful views of the river from the back deck. Cafe next door with great coffee. Historic coxy home.
- The river next to the cottage was a delight! We enjoyed the serenity of the place, we especially liked the log fireplace
- The location was perfect, wonderful view and when we woke up it was to the flowing stream, trees and hill view. Its close to the Possum Shed which we love. We saw a mother duck with several ducklings paddle up to practice their skills and then head home after they had a rest near the cottage. The bed was very comfortable and the room opens directly to a deck overlooking the stream.
- Absolutely stunning location, so close to Mt. Field National Park, cafe right next door! Friendly and helpful caretaker and local staff. Would love to stay again!! Thank you so much, Mandy and Graham.
Blue Wren Riverside Cottage
Set in Westerway in the Tasmania region, Blue Wren Riverside Cottage has a patio and river views. Featuring free private parking, the bed and breakfast is in an area where guests can engage in activities such as hiking and fishing.Boasting a DVD player, the bed and breakfast has a kitchen with a microwave, a fridge and an oven, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 2 bedrooms, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a bath. For added convenience, the property can provide towels and bed linen for an extra charge.Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at the bed and breakfast.A garden, barbecue and a children’s playground are offered at Blue Wren Riverside Cottage.The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 38 mi from the accommodations.
- location was beautifulcould hear the little river running by and its right next to the main road but no traffic noise
- Perfect location, comfortable setting, and plenty of room for a family.
- Such a cosy little cottage and very close to the beautiful Mt Field National Park. Fresh eggs from the chooks for breakfast. It was lovely.
- Annie went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and the thoughtful extras were much appreciated.
- The cosy cottage , home away from home, was the perfect base for our activities. Very warm ,friendly and helpful hospitality, amazing hot shower. Very clean accommodation ,even electric blankets provided for every bed. We will make sure to recommend this beautiful place to all our friends
Russell Falls Holiday Cottages
Located in National Park in the Tasmania region, Russell Falls Holiday Cottages features accommodations with free private parking.All units here are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room with a sofa, a well-equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A microwave, a fridge and stovetop are also available, as well as a kettle.The apartment offers a terrace.There is a garden with a barbecue at this property and guests can go hiking and skiing nearby.The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 41 mi from Russell Falls Holiday Cottages.
- Lovely property ! The house was perfect , very comfortable clean and the place is awesome . Also the manager was so friendly and very helpful
- Location is fabulous just outside gates to the National Park. Super clean and comfortable beds. Kitchen well stocked and even has an espresso machine. You can walk in the evening when the crowds are gone and see the pademelons and glow worms. Staff are friendly, helpful and lovely.
- BEAUTIFUL SPOT NEAR A NATIONAL PARK. WE PROVIDED OUR OWN FOOD.
- Washing machine and dryer included. Proximity to river and hiking trails.
- Great spot in the forest. Amazing walks, waterfalls and wildlife.Great value for money.
National Park Hotel
Located 1 hours’ drive from Hobart, National Park Hotel offers country pub style accommodations in National Park, Tasmania.Set on 11 acres, this hotel provides comfortable accommodations with shared bathroom facilities, free WiFi, restaurant, bar and ATM facilities.The restaurant is well known for its good quality pub food using local produce including Derwent Valley beef, and organic salad vegetables from local gardens.The Hotel is the perfect base to explore Mount Field National Park, Russell Falls, the Styx or Florentine Valleys, Gordon Dam, Lake Pedder or the SouthWest National Park within the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, whether by motorbike, car or on foot.An array of activities are offered in the area, such as fishing on the famous Tyenna River, bush-walking, kayaking, bird watching, skiing and fruit picking at the local fruit farm.The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 41 mi from the property.
- The rooms were nicely put together, comfortable, warm and clean and the shared bathrooms were always available. The staff were excellent and the food great. It has a lovely atmosphere.
- The atmosphere of an old pub, the room and amenities were really clean, the food was great
- This place was old and it showed but it was comfy. The bed was great. We had some late night entertainment outside our window. A possum was cruising around on the veranda looking for food. He was cute and very quiet he just looked at me filming him and continued on his way. I loved it The bathrooms are shared and old but they do the job. The food WAS AWESOME!!!!!!The staff and owners were lovely
- Lovely basic pub accommodation at a reasonable price. Great sitting room with open fire, welcoming staff and a few minutes walk from Mt Field NP. Absolutely no complaints.
- The owner was super nice who went out of his way to help us with various things while we were there!
Scout Hall in National Park features a garden and a terrace. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.Guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a microwave, a kettle, a shower, a hairdryer and a wardrobe. At the guest house, each room comes with a private bathroom with free toiletries.Guests at Scout Hall will be able to enjoy activities in and around National Park, like hiking, skiing and fishing.The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 41 mi from the accommodations.
- Quiet location. Close to Mt. Field National Park. Large shower/bathroom. Kettle and microwave. Plenty of windows that can be opened. Ease of self check in.
- Clean comfortable easy to find due to the detailed check in instructions!! Great location for all sightseeing. Loved the recommended sights to see in the room information book. Thanks to that we visited Gordon dam wall. We would have missed it otherwise and it was amazing. So was dinner at the Giants Table!!!! Thoroughly enjoyed our two days in the area!!
- Great value for money. Clean comfortable. Easy walking distance to the pub for a great meal.
- Very comfortable room with excellent amenities. Laundry facilities a great bonus. Self check in very handy.
- Clean comfortable accommodation. Perfect for hiking in Mt Field. Hosts provide some thoughtful items such as washing detergent and books to read. Communication with the host was great with clear instructions
Tyenna River Cottages
Tyenna River Cottages is a self-catering accommodations located in the heart of The Derwent Valley, just a 6-minute drive from Mt Field National Park and the beautiful Russell Falls.The accommodations will provide you with a private bathroom, TV, air-conditioning and a patio with both river and pasture views.At Tyenna River Cottages you will find barbecue facilities and excellent fishing. Activities in the surrounding area include bush walking, skiing and fishing.Hobart International Airport is located 42 mi away.
- The veranda, the views to the river and the primordial forest were fantastic. Seeing two different platypuses was thrilling for a couple of New Mexicans. The flat water at either end of the property along the river.The sound of the rushing river.The fire place/ bbq shed by the river was totally unexpected and a wonderful retreat from inclement weather.The house was clean, well stocked and had live NFL.The lack of internet, which gave us a short reprieve from the news cycle.We loved this place.
- Absolutely loved this property, a complete dream house. Located next to the most gorgeous river, you feel like youre in the middle of no where. A perfect place for a relaxing getaway.
- Breathtaking location. From the moment we arrived, we were gobsmacked. Tassie postcard perfect river on your doorstep. The well appointed, beautiful accomodation was just the cherry on top. Loved the bespoke metal furnishings, and will be stealing some ideas for our new studio. Isolated, peaceful, food for the soul, weve found the ideal respite from our ongoing crazy house reno. Adored it. Will stay again.
- Liked breakfast was provided, beautiful location, comfortable seating and bedding, awesome shower also liked how it had a shed for BBQ and fishing
- Tea, coffee and breakfast cereal was available. Fully equipped kitchen so great if you were to stay a week. We only stayed 1 night but would definitely return.if you enjoy fishing, with his is the place to be!
Truffle Lodge is located in Gretna. Located on the beachfront, this property features a bar, a shared lounge, a garden and free WiFi.The luxury tent also has a seating area as well as a bathroom with a shower, a bath and a hairdryer.Guests at the luxury tent can enjoy a continental breakfast.Truffle Lodge has a terrace. Cycling is possible within the area and the accommodation offers a private beach area.The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 43 miles from Truffle Lodge.
No reviews yet.
Featuring free WiFi, a barbecue and a sun terrace, Maydena Chillhouse offers accommodations in Fitzgerald, 26 mi from Lake Gordon. Free private parking is available on site.This property is a 10-minute drive from the entrance of Mount Field National Park. It is a 1-minute drive or 3-minute bike ride to Maydena Bike Park. The nearest airport is Hobart International Airport, 44 mi from Maydena Chillhouse.
- Fantastic home and hosts. We will definitely come bake again.
- My wife and I had a very welcome and comfortable stay.Staff was very friendly and made us feel like home.Breakfast was great with many options.
- Great breakfest, very good location, wonderful hosts
- Beautiful location with amazing veiws, close to the bike track and only 10 min away from hiking in Mt Field National Park. The fire was going upon the arrival and we were offered tea and coffee straight away. The breakfast was sooooo good. Great Vego food. Good pressure shower and comfy bed! Im 7 weeks pregnant and was very comfortable, Thanks guys!
- Matt and Cheryl are just a great example for hospitality! Always friendly, preparing excellent food and giving good advice on what to do in the area.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Fentonbury