White Hart Hotel
Dating back to the 16th century, this former traveler’s inn rests in the heart of the picturesque and historic Lewes. The White Hart Hotel offers modern facilities, and has an old-world charm.Rich with history, the hotel is known as the cradle of American Independence, where Thomas Paine forged his radical policies in the debating club of the old inn. His pamphlet “Common Sense” sold half a million copies in 1776 and inspired the Declaration of Independence, signed later that year.Wood paneling, oak beams and open fireplaces all create a welcoming atmosphere. The White Hart Hotel has been substantially developed to offer a recreation club, as well as a restaurant and lounges for guests and locals.
No reviews yet.
Kings Head, Lewes
Featuring a restaurant, bar, garden and free WiFi, Kings Head, Lewes is located in Lewes, 3.7 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House and 5 mi from AMEX Stadium. The property is set 2,650 feet from Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum, 1 mi from East Sussex County Council and 5 mi from University of Sussex.Guest rooms in the hotel are equipped with a kettle. At Kings Head, Lewes each room comes with a private bathroom including a luxury shower and sauna unit. Some of the rooms also feature free standing baths.The accommodations offers a terrace.The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 33 mi from Kings Head, Lewes.
- No breakfast included, but the service for the room was 1 at class, changing towels and paper/ soaps .Good bar service.
- Convenient for the station so a long walk uphill to the High Street. Friendly staff. I enjoyed the sauna but while looking good in the centre of the room, reckoned the bath difficult to get in/out of. Liked the tapas meals .
- The room was spacious, the steam room shower was fun and the checkin and check out was simple.
- I didnt expect such first rate accommodation in this location. Tasteful superior furnishing fittings fixtures and decor. Far more space than expected. In short very well appointed and comfortable.
- Lovely room with view. Clean and comfortable and decorated lovely.
One of our top picks in Lewes. Offering breathtaking views of the Sussex South Downs, the Newmarket Inn is located between Brighton and Lewes. The inn offers modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, a restaurant and free parkingRooms at the Newmarket Inn feature TVs, radios and tea/coffee-making facilities. They include bathrooms with showers, baths and hairdryers.The restaurant serves breakfast only, while guests can also take a walk in the extensive gardens. There is also a children’s playground.The Newmarket Inn is a well located to visit local attractions such as Lewes Castle, Glyndebourne Opera House and Brighton Pavilion and access the South Downs.
No reviews yet.
One of our top picks in Lewes. Featuring a restaurant, bar, garden and free WiFi, The Dorset is located in Lewes, 3 miles from Glyndebourne Opera House and 6 miles from AMEX Stadium. The property is around a 13-minute walk from Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum, 1.1 miles from East Sussex County Council and 6 miles from University of Sussex. The inn features family rooms.All guest rooms in the inn are equipped with an electric tea pot. Complete with a private bathroom, guest rooms at The Dorset are equipped with a flat-screen TV, and selected rooms come with a seating area.Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a continental or a vegetarian breakfast.You can play darts at The Dorset.The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 32 miles from the inn.
- All staff at the Dorset were lovely, and our room was perfect for our short stay.
- A very well organised staff, with excellent focus on customer satisfaction.Great Ale and tasty, well presented food.
- The decor was nice and the staff were really helpful Lewes is great
- Nice clean and hot shower. Convenient for local amenities
- Location was good and within walking distance of shops. The room met our needs and the breakfast was more than adequate. Staff were really friendly and helpful.
YHA South Downs
A refurbished Sussex farmhouse, a 5-minute walk from Southease Railway Station, YHA South Downs is set in extensive grounds and has an on-site restaurant and colorful, modern bedrooms.Luggage storage and a laundry service are available to guests. Packed lunches can be made on request.Most of the rooms at YHA South Downs share bathroom facilities. Some are private and some feature an private bathroom.Surrounded by the rolling hills of the South Downs National Park, this YHA is only a 25-minute drive from Brighton. Just 8 minutes away on the train is Lewes, County Town of Sussex with a Norman castle and cobbled streets.
- Very basic but wel kept and very clean and incredible value for the price snd locations. Small basic rooms as youd expect but plenty of other facilities around the site. Really went above expectation. Will return for sure
- Food was amazing. Room was comfortable and affordable.
- Very accessible location. We stayed two night while walking the trail. We buses trained back from Alfriston. The food, accommodations staff were great! Lots of comfortable common areas
- We cooked some of our own meals and had some in the cafe. The food was great and the staff were fantastic.
- I am a big fan of YHA generally, but this was the friendliest hostel Ive stayed in and possibly the most efficient. A fourminute walk from the Southease train stop, its a perfect location for exploring the South Downs on foot or bicycle. I arrived after 8pm, but the restaurant was still openand the sandwich served was fresh, tasty and filling. Wine and beer were on hand as well. The dorms were as clean and wellequipped as most YHA Dorms, but I like the fact that they are in converted barnsit seems environmentally sound. The vegetarian breakfast was big, filling and served so fast I had no problem getting my train in the morning.
The Cowshed features garden views, free WiFi and free private parking, located in Lewes, 2.7 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House.Fitted with a balcony, the units feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily at the bed and breakfast.Guests can relax in the garden at the property.AMEX Stadium is 9.3 mi from The Cowshed, while Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum is 4.3 mi away. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 21 mi from the accommodations.
- Modern Scandinavianstyle house. Comfortable spacious room. Owners very welcoming and helpful. Excellent breakfast cooked to order.
- Breakfast was excellent, we got just what we had asked for, and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was very nice, with a lovely rural view.
- Relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The room everything AOK. Will definitely book again.
- The propriator was friendly and helpful. breakfast was very good.
- What can I say, Linda was the perfect host, friendly chatty couldnt do enough for you, Linda really makes you feel at home in her home. Simply a fantastic place to stay. The bedroom with the view and the balcony was stunning in fact the whole property was stunning.breakfast was simply delicious, fresh eggs laid that morning wow
Located in Lewes and only 3.1 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House, Montys Accommodations features accommodations with garden views, free WiFi and free private parking. Housed in a building dating from 19th century, this bed and breakfast is 5 mi from AMEX Stadium and 1,300 feet from Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum.This bed and breakfast comes with a seating area, a kitchenette with a fridge, and a satellite flat-screen TV.If you would like to discover the area, hiking is possible in the surroundings.East Sussex County Council is 0.7 mi from the bed and breakfast, while University of Sussex is 5 mi from the property. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 21 mi from Montys Accommodations.
- Very central location near all shops and restaurants in Lewes, easy transport to Glyndebourne. The room itself was very comfortable, and the tub was especially nice. Comfortable bed, and lovely decor. The room had plenty of space as well, and the WiFi was fast. Vicky the host was so accommodating, helpful, and kind!
- Breakfast not included. It was a perfect location near a market and the bus station. Very charming town to walk around in. I hope to return to see more of the area. The Flint Owl Bakery across the street was truly wonderful.
- About an 8 min walk from the train station. Room was spotless and very nice design, excellent bed.
- Overall, terrific accommodations. Very clean and comfortable. Modern, renovated space insanely cozy bed and duvet fantastic shower gracious hosts providing many thoughtful extras like upscale lotions for the bath and fresh, sweet berries with homemade granola for breakfast, just to name a few.
- It was a super place to stay and we loved the design and ambience of the accommodation. There were lots of thoughtful touches such as fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and beer and gin if you wanted it.
Offering free WiFi and city views, The Goldings is an accommodations located in Lewes, just less than 0.6 mi from Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum and a 15-minute walk from East Sussex County Council. The holiday home, set in a building dating from 19th century, is 3.1 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House and 5 mi from AMEX Stadium.The holiday home has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower.University of Sussex is 5 mi from the holiday home. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 21 mi from The Goldings.
- Excellent accommodation. Great location and all the facilities you would need. I would definitely stay again. Host Sara is extremely helpful
- Thank you to Sara for all you did to make this a very special stay for us. We loved the flat, and the location and we had the best possible time.
- The property was very clean and had a great open plan seating and kitchen area. Its close to everything in Lewes and although we ate out because we only stayed for 2 days it was well equipped for self catering. The host, Sara, was so lovely and friendly and I wish we could have stayed longer!
- Great location in the middle of town but also on a quiet street
- The property is very comfortable. Good facilities. Nice big bed in the main bedroom. Nice touch with different coloured towels for each of the guests. Excellent location for the town and castle of Lewes. Lovely independent shops in the high street cheese shop and bakery as well as well known shops Boots, WH Smiths.
No11 offers self-catering accommodations in Lewes, 3.1 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House. The property has garden views, plus is 3.7 mi from AMEX Stadium.Offering 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom with a shower, this split-level apartment has a flat-screen TV in the living area. The kitchen features a microwave, a toaster and a fridge, as well as kettle. The super king-size bed can be made into twin beds on request.Lewes Castle & Barbican House Museum is 0.9 mi from the apartment. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 21 mi from No11.
- Good location to Lewes Town. About 20 mins walk. Lovely decor and very clean. Kitchenette adequate for microwave food. No oven. Vey comfortable super king bed.
- Nice comfy apartment with access to garden area. Situated in a quiet residential area about 25 minutes walk from Lewes Centre. Comfortable bed, good shower, very clean, everything fresh and nicely styled.
- The property was very comfortable, clean and well equipped. It is well located to explore the town of Lewes, the Sussex coast and surrounding South Downs countryside. The host was also most helpful.
- Great decor, light and bright, comfy bed. Milk in fridge was a nice touch. Felt very safe hygiene wise with COVID happening.
- Cleanliness and the beautiful furniture in the apartment
Chez Jo B&B
Chez Jo B&B is located in Lewes, 2.4 mi from Glyndebourne Opera House and 4.3 mi from AMEX Stadium.Some units include a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Tea/coffee making facilities are available in the rooms on request. Guests will also benefit from a bottle of water and a biscuit/cake.East Sussex County Council is 2,300 feet from Chez Jo B&B, while University of Sussex is 4.3 mi away. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 21 mi from the property.
- Breakfast, privacy, location, Lewes itself. And Jo is a delight.
- Welcome and breakfasts very good. Location also good for access on foot to Lewes, including buses. The house is furnished in a tasteful and individual way.
- Jo was very friendly and accomadated for every thing we asked. We felt very much at home. Arriving tired after a very long flight she brought a tea tray to our room and cheered us with her bright personality. Breakfast was SO good.
- Nicely run accommodation, with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The house is comfortable and in an excellent location near everything yet very quiet. We enjoyed our stay here and recommend Chez Jo to families or solotravellers.
- The friendliness of the host and the convenient location. Very quiet at night
Looking for: Best Hotels in Lewes