One of our top picks in Barcelos. Located in Barcelos, 24 miles from Viana do Castelo, Art’otel Barcelos provides a shared lounge and free WiFi.Some of the units feature cable flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchenette with a stovetop, and a private bathroom with a hot tub and a hairdryer.Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at the bed and breakfast.A terrace is available for guests at Art’otel Barcelos to use.Braga is 14 miles from the accommodation, while Guimarães is 25 miles away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 28 miles from Art’otel Barcelos, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- A lovely place with great staff. We emailed in advance to request leaving luggage early…no problem, then told we could even check in 2 hours early too. The location is very easy to explore the town and for good restaurants. The breakfast was really good, even cooked eggs! Coffee and tea available all hours with a pleasant sitting area. We enjoyed the balcony until too cool. Vania the manager, was absolutely fantastic we learnt much about the area, she helped with restaurant suggestion and then held our luggage the next day until our train time.
- Location is good in the town, easy to walk everywhere. Breakfast is OK, they do cook you bacon and eggs if you want which is nice. Very big rooms which is nice, and very modern fittings.
- This is great hotel that is very quaint but with a smart urban feel. Love the common area with comfy seating and real fireplace. Fireplace also in the dining area. Only missing item would have been a wonderful glass of wine. Very close to everything including the camino
- Clean, modern and efficient. Good breakfast, better than most.
- Everything! Its quirky, arty, super comfortable, welllocated, and the staff are amazing. Little touches like complimentary water in the lobby, cakes !, a gorgeous comfortable guest lounge and tranquil courtyard. We couldnt fault it. The breakfast was excellent and replenished as new diners arrived.
Hotel Pinheiro Manso
Located in the ancient Minho region, Hotel Pinheiro Manso offers simply furnished rooms with a modern private bathroom. There is an outdoor pool, a bar and a terrace. Ponte de Lima is a 10-minute drive away.Each room features a TV and a private bathroom, along with a view.A buffet breakfast is served daily in the brightly decorated dining room. Several cafés, bars and restaurants serving regional and national Portuguese cuisine are within a 10-minute drive.Guests can sunbathe poolside on the surrounding grass areas, walk through the gardens or relax on the terrace. Indoors, Pinheiro Manso has a lounge area with a flat-screen TV and a snack bar. Free Wi-Fi is available in all public areas.The historical town of Viana do Castelo is a 30-minute drive away. Hotel Pinheiro Manso is a 1-hour drive from Francisco de Sá Carneiro Airport. Free private parking is available at the Residencial.
- Very clean. Staff worked really hard to please us. Provided a very generous dinner and breakfast.
- Dinner was provided at a cost and served by a very cheerful woman. She also packed a breakfast so we could leave early. Thanks.
- The barbershop next door sells beer Friendly staff, nice little pool in backyard
- Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast options.
- Um hotel pequeno, sossegado, com uma boa piscina. Atendimento muito simptico e eficiente. Limpeza diria e bem feita. Pequeno almoo completo e bom. Zona muito sossegada com estacionamento para o carro. nico seno o wifi no dos melhores…
Casa da Ana Boutique Guest House
Located in Barcelos, 24 miles from Guimarães, Casa da Ana Boutique Guest House provides a shared lounge and free WiFi.The units come with hardwood floors and feature a fully equipped kitchenette with a fridge, a dining area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer.The bed and breakfast offers a buffet or American breakfast.Casa da Ana Boutique Guest House has a terrace.Porto is 30 miles from the accommodation, while Braga is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 23 miles from Casa da Ana Boutique Guest House.
- The property is located in the centre, in a quiet location, just on the Camino Portugues. All main sightseeings are in walking distance. The room is good size, furnished with very good taste, spotless. The girls on the reception was very nice/helpful and also recommended me a good restaurant closeby. The breakfast was served outside on the cozy square with the fontaine. It was amazing delicious.
- Adorei tudo , ateno de todos para nos sentir bem vindos, a comida em especial o pequeno almoo e alojamento de excelncia.
- Trabalho de excelncia, inovao e paixo, absolutamente contagiante! Vou fazer questo de recomendar quer a familiares, quer a amigos ! PARABNS ! Portugal lindo, tem coisas lindas e sobretudo gente linda !!!
- Me aloje all al paso por Barcelos en mi camino De Santiago y est Justo en el camino
- Vriendelijk behulpzaam personeel. Schone kamers , goed ontbijt.Midden in het oude centrum
Casa dos Assentos de Quintiaes
The large, stone building of Casa dos Assentos de Quintiães dates back to the 17th Century and has extensive landscaped gardens. Guests can enjoy using the private tennis court and outdoor pool.The luxurious rooms are traditionally decorated with dark wooden furniture and white painted walls. Each of the rooms has a private bathroom and some rooms have views of the garden.After breakfast, which is prepared fresh daily, guests can relax in one of the lounge areas which contain dark wood furniture and ornate carpets.Viana do Castelo, with its large churches and paved squares, is located on the Lima River, only a 13 mi drive from Assentos de Quintiães. The historical city of Braga is 22 mi away.Free private parking is available on site and Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 26 mi away.
- The property is beautiful! The pool is ice cold but felt amazing to my tired feet! Dinner breakfast were good host is very nice.
- The location for us was perfect as we wanted tranquil, green and an older property. The breakfast was good and Luis had an evening meal prepared for us the wine great too. I liked relaxing by the pool so a great break for two nights. Close to Barcelos and we enjoyed the narrow winding lanes to drive through admiring the houses and gardens.
- The owner was very welcoming and the rooms were comfortable. The food was excellent!
- Everything there is superb! The place and the property is like you where dreaming many years ago!!!
- Beautiful oasis amid a grueling Camino walk. A beautiful tucked away gem.
Quinta do Convento da Franqueira
This 16th century Franciscan monastery is surrounded by 35 acres of vineyards and gardens. Quinta da Franqueira offers an outdoor swimming pool, 5 mi from Barcelos’ city center.Franqueira’s rooms feature pastel tones, combining a classic-style décor with white linens. Some rooms come with a four-poster bed, and the private bathroom includes a bath or a shower.A breakfast buffet is served daily, and there is a variety of restaurants serving regional cuisine within 1.9 mi.When days are hotter, guests can sunbathe in the terrace next to the pool, equipped with sun loungers. Quinta da Franqueira’s church, Bom Jesus do Monte, is still open to the public during weekends.Beaches at Esposende and Litoral Norte Natural Park are a 22-minute drive. Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 26 mi away, easily reached through A28 motorway, located a 15-minute drive away.
- Beautiful location and building.Extremely quiet!Lovely hosts.
- Absolutely fabulous Kate and Piers so helpful .we did not hire a car but they were able to get us a taxi whatever the time nothing to much trouble .
- Lovely property, comfortable room, cosy fire and relaxing sitting room. Owners are friendly and were very helpful in suggesting places to go/local history. Several local eateries are within driving distance for dinners.
- Beautiful location, classic furnishings, very clean and the lovely, helpful hosts.
- Wir haben diese Unterkunft ursprnglich gebucht, weil wir den Markt in Barcelos besuchen wollten. Das wahre Highlight der Region ist dieses ehemalige Konvent selbst. Das Gebude und der Garten sind wie eine britische Insel in Portugal urgemtlich und romantisch. Dazu kommt der wunderschn gelegene Pool weiter oben mitten im Park. Ein kleines Paradies, ein liebevoll gepflegtes Schmuckstck, das fr sich eine Reise wert ist.
Casa de Sta Comba
One of our top picks in Barcelos. Located in Barcelos, this 18th century rustic house has characteristic stone walls and wooden beams. Casa de Sta Comba features a large garden with an outdoor pool.The bed and breakfast offers elegantly decorated rooms with traditional wooden furniture and exposed stone walls. Each room has a private bathroom with a bath or shower.Guests can start their day with a rich breakfast buffet served in the dining area of the property, before relaxing in the garden.Moure is 0.9 mi, while Midões is 1.5 mi away. Barcelos, Braga and Famalicão are also easily accessible by car. Free private parking is available on site Casa de Sta Comba.
- Property has it all vineyard, geese, dogs, horses, pool, storied history, roses, fountain, and chapel. Owners are delightful and traditional hosts caring deeply about your stay and sharing their estate. Taking my parents here gave them an experience of a lifetime. The jams and honey for sale is a very special feature as is a healthy and generous breakfast in a the oldest building of the estate a gorgeous stone kitchen.
- This is a delightful old family owned traditional quinta in the countryside near the attractive market town of Barcelos, where the legend of the Portuguese cockerel started. Only 30 mins from Porto but a world away in tranquility. There is an outdoor swimming pool, very fresh in October as unheated, but with a lovely peaceful view over the fields. The buildings and enclosed courtyard are lovely, the rooms simply decorated and furnished in traditional style. This is very much a family concern and it helps to have some languages French more than English of Spanish unless you speak Portuguese if you wish to understand more of its history. Do ask the owner to let you see the chapel which is attached to the property a most romantic place for a wedding!
- This is a beautiful house in a lovely country setting, lovely pool and Jorge is great, very friendly.
- Perfect, lovely hosts with loads of local tips, lovely place, great breakfast. My parents stayed on and even had an amazing dinner here.
- It was a beautiful place to stay and George could not do enough for us. The location is stunning! The pool was lovely highly recommend!!
Quinta de Santa Baia
Quinta de Santa Baia is a 17th-century rural property in Minho region, in Ponte de Lima. This pet-friendly unit features an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by lush vegetation.Units include a kitchenette with a microwave, kitchenware and a dining area. They all feature a private bathroom with bath or shower.Breakfast is included in the room rate and guests can drive to local restaurants located within 5 minutes.Staff can organize a rental bicycle for guests to explore the natural surroundings. The poolside sun loungers provide an beautiful option to relax after a dip in the pool.Ponde de Lima city center is 9.3 mi away from Quinta de Santa Baia, and the historical city of Braga can be reached in a 25-minute drive.
- Trs bon accueil Propret impeccable Piscine trs agrable
- La hospitalidad, el sitio, la desconexin y relax. Una estancia de verdad agradable.
- Lugar perfecto para desconectar y disfrutar ,los propietarios fenomenal muy atentos con todo. Fuimos con nuestro perro labrador y genial habia zonas para que pudiera estar suelto.
- La Quinta en si es preciosa, con los jardines que tiene y lo bonito que est todo.Adems las anfitrionas, Anna y su madre, son muy agradables y siempre dispuestas a ayudar. Nos encant el ratito del desayuno, servido siempre con todo los detalles y en los jardines de la Quinta, lo que haca de ese rato una maravilla. Tambin nos encant el detalle que pone Anna en las cosas, como por ejemplo iluminar los jardines con velas por la noche
- Pasar 5 dias en Quinta de Santa Baia ha sido una experiencia fabulosa. La finca es espectacular con unos interiores reformados con mucho gusto. Ana y su madre nos han cuidado en todo momento para disfrutar de la estancia. Tomar el desayuno super completo en el jardn cada maana ha sido un placer. Esperamos poder volver algn dia
Located in Vitorino dos Piães, 28 miles from Póvoa de Varzim, AltaVista has a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and free WiFi.The units provide views of the garden and come with a seating area, a washing machine, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. A microwave, a fridge and oven are also available, as well as an electric tea pot and a coffee machine.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy a continental breakfast.AltaVista has a sun terrace.There’s a garden with a grill at this property and guests can go cycling nearby.Braga is 23 miles from the accommodation, while Viana do Castelo is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 40 miles from AltaVista, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- Fantastic scenary. Isaque made us feel really at home in the beautiful and comfortable house that is completely renovated by skilled people.
- Wonderful view in a cozy traditional house. Loved the fireplace and the terrace. Well definitely come back in the future!
- Beautiful house and the owner goes out of his way to be helpful. If you are walking the Camino you should try and stay 2 nights as only a few hours at night is a bit of a waste in a house like this.
- Even better than in the pictures!The house is old and has been refurbished In a very beautiful wayThough you find all the comfort and equipment of a modern place,there is traditional and original portuguese furniture what makes the place really authentic and charming.Plus the kitchen is perfectly clean and nice, so is the pool. Also the host is really nice and takes really good care. Best place to spend some relaxed days or weeks in a calm and peaceful environement, from where you can discover all the nice places around like Braga, Ponte de Lima, Viana do Castelo or all the beaches.
- A criatividade na requalificao do espao visvel e notase o cunho pessoal da D. Dores e do Isaque. A simpatia palavra de ordem para os Anfitries, sempre muito prestveis e com disponibilidade. O Living Room fantstico e prova de que estes espaos no existem apenas nas cidades. Prometemos voltar no vero para aproveitar a esplanada e as boas e variadas cervejas. Obrigado D. Dores e Isaque… At breve.
SUN & SAND GUESTHOUSE
SUN & SAND GUESTHOUSE is located in Esposende. Featuring sea views, this bed and breakfast also has free WiFi.This bed and breakfast with garden views features 1 bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is offered.Guests at the bed and breakfast can enjoy a continental breakfast.SUN & SAND GUESTHOUSE offers a terrace. Diving can be enjoyed nearby.Braga is 26 mi from the accommodations, while Viana do Castelo is 15 mi away. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro, 27 mi from SUN & SAND GUESTHOUSE, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
- What a welcoming experience. The hosts were extremely amicable and gave us great suggestions on our Camino. Further, the space was nice and the beds were comfortable. The shower had great hot water as well. The breakfast was really good and had a variety of options. The number one thing, however, was the hosts. What great, good hearted, and loving individuals. I hope I can come back and stay with them again.
- It is a great upstairs apartment with a great view and lots of privacy. The family that hosted us were wonderful and a delight! Would definitely stay with them again.
- We loved our stay at this exceptional guest house where customer service is clearly valued. Our host family went out of their way to ensure our comfort and convenience, including pick up at the local bus station and offering information about the area. The welcoming space is immaculately clean. The beds are comfortable with warm duvets and blankets, and it was very quiet for a good nights sleep. Bottled water was provided. A delicious breakfast of coffee, juice, fresh buns, jams, fruit, yoghurt, cheese and cold meat started us off well on our first day on the Camino de Santiago. We were made to feel welcome, like family. Highly recommend this lovely guest house.
- Lovely people, so friendly and accommodating and served us a really nice breakfast. Beautiful views, convenient location to the Camino. They even did our laundry for a small fee.
- The hosts….absolutely amazing Close to the beach
Set in Vila de Prado, 27 mi from Viana do Castelo, Quintinha d´Avó offers a shared lounge and free WiFi.For added convenience, the property can provide towels and bed linen for an extra charge.Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at the bed and breakfast.Guests at Quintinha d´Avó can enjoy cycling nearby, or make the most of the garden.Braga is 6.8 mi from the accommodations, while Guimarães is 21 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, 39 mi from Quintinha d´Avó.
- very friendly reception, nice and clean bathroom, very friendly little cat felt welcome.
- Las instalaciones son estupendas y los dueos de la casa tanto madre como hijo son super encantadores y serviciales
- L hotes des lieux est tres accueuillante et sympatique… je recommande.
- Camera allinterno dellabitazione dei proprietari immersa in un bel giardino. Tutto pulitissimo e profumato. C posto al coperto per lasciare la moto al sicuro. Letto comodo e bagno con una bella doccia grande. A pochi passi c un minuscolo bar dove si pu mangiare una grigliata con pochi euro. Colazione abbondante e varia.
- Atendimento num cenrio familiar. Excelente.Pequeno almoo excedeu as nossas expectativas.Recomendo vivamente.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Silva