Nether Onston Cottage
Located in Stenness, Nether Onston Cottage provides air-conditioned accommodations with a patio and free WiFi. Featuring free private parking, the holiday home is in an area where guests can engage in activities such as hiking and fishing.The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a microwave and a fridge, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower.A garden, barbecue and a terrace are featured at the holiday home.Orkney is 8.1 mi from Nether Onston Cottage, while Kirkwall is 12 mi away. The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 12 mi from the accommodations.
- Fresh eggs in the refrigerator, central location, wood for the stove, clothes washer. Also enjoyed the company of the other residents of the attached house. The owner also showed great flexibility when meeting new at the house as my boat was delayed late into the evening.
- The location, assuming you have a car, is ideal for exploring Mainland and especially the nearby megaliths. Great for selfcaterers, and a warm welcome from the hosts.
- Lovely cottage, lovely view, lovely hosts, wonderful holiday. Great location for exploring the mainland and islands. Neolithic sights minutes away!
- Home was spotless and filled with extras like eggs from the farm, local bread and shortbread. Beds were very comfortable and had electric blankets if you needed them. The hosts were the best. They took us to a community event one night and on another night had us over for a wee dram. Loved our stay and hope to go back soon.
- Once Covid is no longer an issue, this cottage is ideally situated on the main road between Kirkwall and Stromness just outside Stenness, where there are several of the key historic sites. There is also an hourly bus that will stop on demand at the road end, taking you to either of the two main towns
Cromlech PET FRIENDLY
Cromlech PET FRIENDLY is located in Stenness. This bed and breakfast features a garden and free private parking.The bed and breakfast comes with a flat-screen TV.A continental breakfast is available daily at the bed and breakfast.Orkney is 7.5 mi from Cromlech PET FRIENDLY, while Kirkwall is 11 mi away. The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 11 mi from the accommodations.
- The pictures do not really do this place justice, the room we stayed in was wonderful, with well thought out little touches to make you feel at home. The hosts went out of their way to make us feel welcome and help us do the activities we wanted to do whilst visiting. We felt our dog was more than welcome, and the hosts dogs are lovely. Will definitely stay here again.
- Breakfast was excellent. It was continental which suited us very well. They have a very handy egg boiling machine which cooked the eggs to perfection. Also, everything else you needed was there for you. We were told if there was anything else we required for breakfast they would get it for us. We didnt need anything else as all we could wish for was there. Location was perfect, very easy drive from Ferry and also not very far from other landmarks we wanted to see. Just a short drive to a really great Hotel for meals. Plenty parking space at house as well.
- Wonderful continental breakfast, and the location is right next to the standing stones of Stenness.
- If I could give a score higher than 10 this place would get it. Great location, comfy room and the best host really the best nothing was too much trouble. Loved staying here. Will definitely be going back. Thank you!
- Great location for me, very central for my plans. Hosts very welcoming and kind. The room and whole house beautifully decorated to feel so homely and warm. I felt very relaxed. Definitely recommend!
8 Jib Park, Finstown
Offering free WiFi and garden views, 8 Jib Park, Finstown is an accommodations located in Finstown. Located 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, the property provides a garden and free private parking.This holiday home includes 2 bedrooms, a living room and a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a washing machine.Hiking can be enjoyed nearby.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the holiday home.
- The property was absolutely lovely and well situated for exploring the island
- A lovely space to relax in. Many extra special touches like books and games. Well equipped kitchen.
- Property was clean, warm, well maintained and attention to detail perfect.
- Great quiet location, just off the main Stromness to Kirkwall Road. Bungalow was spotlessly clean and plenty of cleaning products left for us to use a must in these covid timesGood kitchen facilities made catering on a evening easy plus ample fridge/freezer. Liked the small touch of leaving some filter coffee for the cafetiere Plenty of guide/walk books left for guests to use plus selection of board games. Bonus having a SMART TV.Heating easy to use house was never cold.Comfy bed, with extra pillows if requiredGrace was a fab host accommodating our slightly earlier checkin time explaining how facilities worked. She lived close by so if we had needed her we only had to pop round
- Well equipped and comfortable. Good location for touring the island too
1 Edenmore Villa
1 Edenmore Villa is located in Finstown. Located 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, the property features a garden and free private parking.The holiday home features a flat-screen TV and a living room. There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchen complete with a microwave, a fridge and an oven.If you would like to discover the area, fishing is possible in the surroundings.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the holiday home.
- Wonderful central location for touring. Very comfortable and added bonus of woodburner for colder nights. Little sunhouse for chilling/reading /evening drinks! Everything we needed provided and Doreen was very welcoming .
- The house is very well equipped and a good space. The place has a very nice backyard and ther is a small shop with the basics at walking distance.Doreen is very kind and flexible. She gave us very useful information before arrival.
- This is a perfect accomodation for a family stay on Orkney Islands, it is central, easy to find and close to everything. Kirkwall and Stromness.
- Doreen was there to greet us and the house was spotless. Location was prefect for exploring the area.
- Great place to come home to after a days travel. Lit the fire and enjoyed the solitude.
Located in Finstown, 3.1 mi from Maeshowe, Kevara Self-Catering provides a living room with a flat-screen TV. This property offers access to a patio, free private parking and free WiFi.There is a seating area, a dining area and a kitchenette complete with a microwave, a fridge and a stovetop.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 8.1 mi from the apartment.
- Cosy 2 room flat, perfect for a short stay located not far from Kirkwall lovely welcome pack with local produce little extras like butter and cheese, milk, pepper and salt, cooking oils, gladwrap etc very welcome by Travellers
- Everything was perfect!Great location, lovely clean accommodation with everything we needed and very cosy. We would highly recommend and would definitely return. Thank you Sarah.
- The Kevara is well located for visiting the sights and getting to the ferry terminals for visiting other islands.
- Great property with good location and great facilities
- Loved the holiday home with its tasteful decoration and thoughtful touches. Milk, bread, shortbread and fudge were a nice touch. Loved the usb charging sockets. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. Loved the ever changing view from the lounge/diner. Ideal for 1 or 2 people
Providing sea views, Scorrabrae offers pet-friendly accommodations in Orphir on the Isle off Orkney. Scorrabrae is 10 miles from both Stromness and Kirkwall. Free WiFi is provided.Guests at the country cottage can enjoy a continental breakfast and relax in the shared loungeIf you would like to discover the area, hiking is possible in the surroundings.
- The views and setting of Scorrabrae couldnt have been prettier or more convenient, and breakfast every morning was delicious. Hands down though, getting to know our hosts was the best part of our visit if we come back to Orkney, well be staying here again for sure!
- Patricia is passionate about the Orkneys and you being her guest. The food was just excellent and the cottage a wonderful place to relax after a day of exploring. The dogs were an extra bonus!
- Trish is a lovely lady kids are really nice also. Nothing was too much hassle for her she was so laid back. And the bed…..So comfy!!!!
- The host was lovely, entertainingly so and offered excellent tourism advice, in spite of the COVID19 climate at the time
- Very friendly with good facilities and great value for money with fantastic continental breakfast. Children will like Patricias animals.
Lilly’s Lodges Orkney
Lilly’s Lodges Orkney is located in Finstown. Located 5 miles from Maeshowe, the property has a garden and free private parking.Offering a balcony with sea views, this lodge also comes with a flat-screen TV, a well-equipped kitchenette with a microwave, a fridge and a toaster, as well as a bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer.The lodge provides a terrace.
- The lodge was amazing, absolutely no faults whatsoever! Cosy and comfortable stay, very clean and everything you need for your stay is there! The owners were very helpful and kind, We will definitely be back again soon.
- Very well equipped kitchen and facilities all very clean and well presented.
- Cute accommodation! Perfect spot to get away from it all and explore Orkney. Great little touches liked soft throws and hot cocoa made it cozy. Great to see the sea from the balcony and the sky full of stars at night. The solar lights along the drive are perfect to guide you in for your nights rest.
- Absolutely loved this place. Its set up so well, extremely well set out, everything is top quality and its comfortable and warm.The location is beautiful and peaceful. We didnt want to leave.
- The lodges are really nicely decked out, the underfloor heating was a nice bonus. Surprised and delighted by how much kitchen equipment was available. The views were stunning and the property was well lit on the drive and easy to find. Sadly we didnt meet the owners but everyone working on the new pod gave us a friendly wave.
Set in Finstown in the Orkney Islands region, Lilly’s Lodges features a patio and garden views. Located 5 mi from Maeshowe, the property provides a garden and free private parking.The lodge is equipped with a flat-screen TV. The kitchen comes with a microwave, a fridge and an oven and there is shower with a hairdryer and free toiletries.The lodge offers a terrace.The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 9.3 mi from Lilly’s Lodges.
- What a terrific find. Wish we would have stayed here all our nights on Orkney. Nice rural location convenient to everything even the ferry for a 630am launch. If you want to in a quiet nature setting with easy access to Kirkwall, the historic sites, coastal drives, etc, this is it! As good as it can get.
- Beautiful location. Very clean and cosy. Has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- Well equipped, cosy and very clean lodge. Clever layout to fit everything you need into the space available. Beautiful location and view. Lovely finishing touches made it a homely and special place to stay. We loved our stay! Thank you.
- Amazing place to stay with a spectacular view we even saw the Milky Way. Would come back again.
- We really enjoyed our stay at Lillys Lodges. Such a cute lodge in a scenic location with distant sea views.
Westrow Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Located in the village of Orphir on mainland Orkney, Westrow Lodge Bed & Breakfast is a is modern, Norwegian-style timber house with free Wi-Fi access and free on-site parking. It is a 12-minute walk from Houton Orkney Ferry Terminal.Each of the rooms at Westrow Lodge Bed & Breakfast include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels and an en suite shower room. Guests can enjoy a sea view and a garden view from all the rooms. Extras include linen and ironing facilities.Other facilities offered include a shared lounge and a laundry.A full cooked breakfast is available each morning. It is served in the cozy dining room.From the bed and breakfast, the Loch of Kirbister is 4 miles away and the town of Kirkwall is a 16-minute drive away. Kirkwall Airport is 22 minutes’ journey by car.
- Excellent breakfastGood locationHost was helpful and knowledgeable about the island.
- Clean, comfy, quiet room. Efficient and friendly hosts. Relatively low walk score, ie you wouldnt stay here with out a vehicle, but with a vehicle its conveniently located right on the main route between Kirkwall and Stromness, and really, nothing is very far on Orkney.
- The property was easy to find and in a peaceful area. We had a big choice at breakfast! It proved a good base from which to explore the islands.
- A very high quality BB with friendly helpful owners and a peaceful location.
- Excellent accommodationIdeal location for exploring Mainland OrkneyExcellent hosts who are keen to ensure vistors enjoy their stay
Buxa Farm Chalets
Offering a barbecue, Buxa Farm Chalets is located in Orphir, 60 miles from Thurso. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property.All units feature a seating and dining area. There is also a kitchen, fitted with a dishwasher, oven and microwave. A toaster and kettle are also featured. Every unit comes with a private bathroom with a hair dryer. The chalet offers free private parking on-siteJohn O Groats is 48 miles from Buxa Farm Chalets, while Kirkwall is 12 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Kirkwall Airport, 15 miles from Buxa Farm Chalets.
- Excellent to get away from it all, end enjoy the sounds of Nature!
- Outstanding property, top notch, clean, very comfortable and fully furnished with all the comforts. Gorgeous views all around. Very helpful and friendly hosts! We hope to return in the near future.
- Spacious, comfortable , really well equipped and superb location .
- Stunning Location. Well equipped kitchen. Good washing facilities if required. Comfy beds. Well organised and helpful hosts.
- Buxa Farm Chalets were perfect for us….very comfortable lodging, spacious with an incredible view. It had everything one might need in terms of kitchen requirements, Internet and a super host/ hostess. We had more information than we could actually use or see. Had we known all we know now about the Orkneys, we would have arranged to stay at least a week. Keith and Kathy were there to greet us with the keys and a welcome gift despite the lateness of our arrival and were accommodating in every sense of the word. We would go back in a heartbeat!
Looking for: Best Hotels in Stenness